Sunday, October 25, 2009

SAFF

We just returned from Asheville, North Carolina from a whirlwind 3 day trip. We wanted to see the leaves at their peak, we did. I wanted to attend the Southeastern Animal fiber Fair, we did and I wanted to buy good North Carolina Apples...Mission Accomplished.
We got there on Wed and checked in to our site. I had booked us really early so that we would get a good site. We wound up on vendor row and across from this fellow

SAFF

He and the puppies were quite curious about each other.
That night we watched the weather forecast and found out the only pretty day we would have would be Thurs. So Thursday morning we took off to the Blue Ridge Parkway to see the leaves.

Photobucket

As usual, pictures do not do justice to the view

Photobucket

Photobucket


so I won't even bore you with those. Just let me say it was perfect!
since we never do the things as we have them scheduled why start now? So we took a long ride up to Mount Mitchell, the highest mountain peak of the Appalachian Mountains.

Photobucket

We ate at the highest restaurant on the East coast and then decided to hike what they considered an easy trail. Ha!

Photobucket

this was my view of most of the trail.

Photobucket

I don't think I looked up too often.

Photobucket

But we did the whole trail and felt very proud of ourselves. I got to put a new medallion on the hiking stick. Cool.

As they predicted the next day, Friday, it rained and rained and rained. We went over to the fair that morning and just looked.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

SAFF

I did not buy a thing. I think I had what is known as yarn blindness...so many yarns and colors that your brain cannot take it in. Have no fear, I recovered that afternoon.

We were very interested in the spinning wheels. Although I had tried it once in a class I tried it again with a different wheel and it really was fun. New craft? We shall see.

I am already making plans to go next year. I want to take classes in things I have never done...dyeing, rug hooking, felting...spinning and see more leaves and Oh yea, we did buy apples at Justus Apples.

No comments: