Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Speed dating

Today was our day to go exploring. I had studied the maps and the books and mapped out our trip. Me? why does he let me do these things? But off we go. I want to go to the date farm and Death Valley.But Death Valley is too big to do all in one day so we decided to go to Badwater, the lowest point in the Western hemisphere.
As most of you know I am very "distance challenged". It is only this far on the map is my favorite saying when having to plan these things. But we had already traveled from the Atlantic side of the USA and I was not about to stop.
 So far so good. Then we reach the dirt road to the farm. Dirt roads here are not like the ones in the South. Here they are hard as rocks and white dust is everywhere. Plus they spare no expense on road signs. We were on a windy road often times not being able to see what was on the other side of the curve. Plus this place is down, down down.


 The sign below is one of Mr. Fixit's favorite saying. In case it is too small to read: "No matter where you go, there you are."

1 comment:

Jim and Sandie said...

I love Death Valley. Could spend several weeks there enjoying the peace and quiet.