Thursday, November 27, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Yep! we did it. We are now the official owners of the condo. We have already started junking it up and more to follow this weekend. We have met one of our neighbors a young Air Force guy. He is very sweet and friendly, much better than our last neighborhood. There we never knew our neighbors and we lived there for 10 years.

The sofa comes Friday and the appliances are to be delivered on Sat. Oh the anxiety from the choices is killing me. Then to VA on Wed. The younger son and his friends will be here on Sat next to help us move in if I feed and water (?) them.

I am about ready to murder a poodle. This is the third day in a row she has decided to get me up at 0:dark 30. I don't know what her problem is but it is causing great sleep deprivation on my side of this relationship. And when I get sleepy, I get cranky as a three year old.

Today is Turkey Day. We are headed over to the sister's for the feast. There will be about 15 people and probably twice that many food choices. Me? I am taking 2 pies-pumpkin and apple, a fruit bowl, yum, and green bean casserole. I was going to make these biscuits/muffins but the trial batch turned out good just not pretty. Maybe by the time the daughter gets here I will have it figured out.

Recipe:

Sour Cream Muffin

Pre heat oven 350. Find muffin /cupcake pan
Melt 2 sticks butter.
Add to 2 cups self rising flour and 1/2 pint of sour cream. Stir til mixed. Put in ungreased pan. Bake 20-25 minutes
Good with strawberry jam!

Mine were good but they never browned on top. Maybe it is the camper oven. Plus I think you need the small muffins not the 12 in a pan size, but like I stated, they were good. And I will not go buy more pans!So there Paula Dean.

We move our camper Friday to a KOA campground about 3 miles from the condo. It is also about $100 a mo cheaper than this one, but lacks a dog park. I figure the dogs will get enough exercise running around our empty house.

No comments: