Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Why would anyone want that?

Usually I lose things. You know...can't find my keys, can't find the knit pattern I was just looking at. Normal everyday irritating things. Things that by tomorrow I will have forgotten and moved on to more things I have misplaced,ike my glasses or my drink.

But today I walked out my front door with the dogs and my planter with red petunias is gone. I did not move it. I know I saw it yesterday. Who would want it?

 The petunias are holding on my their last root. We had such hot weather a couple of weeks ago they almost fried. Bedraggled would be the word to describe them. I had not pulled them up and thrown them out because I felt they were strong and brave to withstand the heat and depend on someone like me to take care of them.Next to them is a planter with nice green ferns.Why not take that one? Why not take the stand they were on? Weird.

This one of those "life puzzles" that will never have an answer.

 These little annoyances are what keeps life interesting I guess. You know the pitiful thing? Our dogs that we got so they would make noise, made noise and we ignored them.

So we went to the back patio, found the red petunias in the same kind of planter that was taken and placed it, bedraggled petunias and all, on the planter stand on the front walk. Like it never happened.........


Life goes on at our house minus one planter of brave red petunias.

No comments: