Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I saw a bear finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Part 2 of our fabulous trip
After the rally with 40+ people we were tired. Debby and Bob invited us to go with them to Cades Cove, TN and enjoy the scenery.
We followed them all the way from Waynesville NC to Townsend TN. Rather boring watching the back of their towed vehicle, but we were very impressed with how Bob managed that 40+ foot behemoth.

Debby and Bob were great hosts. They have been coming to this area since the 80's and I think they have been in every restaurant and shop in Sevierville. 

Once again we stayed in a very nice big campground, KOA Townsend. We highly recommend it. Usually we stay away from KOA's but this one was big, clean and nice.http://koa.com/campgrounds/townsend-great-smokies/

We had to deal with some dumb birds trying to build a nest in our hitch box and dive bombing us every chance they got. I found out how slow my reaction time is as I tried to take a picture of the little varmints. We had to put a bag over the hitch and tape it shut to keep them out.


We shopped til we dropped in Sevierville,TN and ate at the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge.Oh my at the food....Then on to Cades Cove for a day.Erwin was thrilled that he did not have to drive and could just sit back and enjoy.


There is an 11 or 12 mile loop that you follow around the cove. In some areas there are buildings and roads to turn off on.
The visitors center is great with  lots of gifts to buy, books to skim, and buildings to tour.

We did it all. Then the wild life! I have been going through the Smokies, the Blue Ridge and the Appalachians since I was a child. I had never seen a bear. We were either too early or too late or too hot or too cold, you get the picture right? But this time not one bear but three bears
, one turkey
, a herd of deer
and beautiful flowers
. What more could I ask for?


No comments: